05 Mar Modern Athleticism
Eugene Souleiman creates understated cool at Tommy Hilfiger Spring 2018 For the final TommyxGigi show. Eugene Souleiman wanted to create a look that completely embodied the “Tommy Girl” fusing American heritage with modern athleticism.
“This is a modern hairstyle, it appears styled but natural. It’s a beautiful look with lots of texture. It encompasses the Tommy lifestyle, young, fun and free but with a bit of an edge. It’s about having an idea and tailoring the concept of the idea to suit the individual and her natural hairstyle. Thereby embracing their individuality and making them feel sexy.” Eugene Souleiman
The Key Technique:
- The first step in creating this look was to comb the hair to reveal a center parting which is flattering for everyone.
- Each side was spritzed with a light mist of Ocean Spritz to add texture and restyled using a Sugar Lift.
- Next Eugene rolled the hair into two soft buns (each side of the head) and diffused for a couple of minutes using ghd air hairdryer (R1899).
- Hair was left to cool for a couple of seconds before being unraveled.
- Dry shampoo was added to the roots and styled with hands to let air into it and give it a rawer more voluminous texture.
- To enhance movement the ghd curve soft curl tong (R2399) was used on random sections of the hair.
Eugene explains: “What we’re doing is something quite different. To get a looser, more natural feeling to the hair we’re using the ghd curve soft curl tong. We are wrapping hair around it, we’re stretching it so that it’s more of an “S” curl. This is less opulent and more understated. It’s a modern style, you’re adding structure to the hair but it’s more relaxed.” To finish the look, Eugene added micro braids to random sections of the hair with the ghd gold (R2550) to create a dual texture.