13 May Sleep tight!
For many of us, the concept of beauty sleep might seem like a myth. Researchers have found that getting eight hours of zzz’s will not only improve your well-being but also your appearance.
I don’t know about you, but I struggle to fall asleep from time to time. I’ll toss and turn, add another pillow, take it off, have one leg out the blanket, then put it back in. Until I finally I nod off. Struggling to fall asleep has started becoming the norm for me and I’ve been feeling like a zombie the next day.
A good nights’ sleep is so important for your health. Unfortunately, the western environment is interfering with our natural sleep patterns. We are sleeping less and when we do sleep, we aren’t sleeping well. I know there’s been a few times when I’ve only left the office at 10pm, which means I only get to bed at midnight, only to be up at 06h00 to do it all again. We need sleep to perform our best at work, I know I’m not as creative and I struggle to remember details when I’m sleep deprived. I’ve done some research and a lack of sleep can increase depression, and make you sick as it weakens your immune system. Adequate sleep is part of a healthy lifestyle.
I’ve started trying out a few healthy bedtime rituals.
- I have a hot bath with Epson salts in it
- A warm mug of camomile tea
- Comfy PJ’s from Snooze
- I even invested in some memory foam pillows
Benefits of a memory foam pillow;
- Memory foam pillows prevent cricks in your neck. The dense material of a memory foam pillowprevents your neck from bending in awkward directions.
- They keep your spine aligned.
- They mold to the shape of your head.
- They don’t need any adjusting- Memory foam does not require flipping, fluffing, or any of the adjustments of a regular pillow, as it will retain its shape and size.
- They reduce snoring- Regular pillows tilt your head upwards, causing air passages to close. However, memory foam pillows contour to your neck, allowing your air passages to remain open.
it’s a Sher thing wants our readers to enjoy a great nights sleep as much as we do, which is why we’ve partnered with the bed shop to give away two memory foam pillows to one lucky winner. These pillows are valued at approximately R500 each, depending on where you buy them from.
Sleep tight lovelies!